Follow Us On Facebook!
Looking to the future, we give expression to mutual hopes and dreams.
- Enjoy weekly music jams
- Establish park & grounds master plan
- Develop plan for goats, bees and chickens
- Continue expanding the thriving community garden
- Have more fun!
- Build a well for drinking water and gardening needs
- Establish a community house
- Use car and truck share
- Expand orchard
- Develop community solar
- Install electric vehicle charging stations
- Create a natural swimming pool
- Blaze more walking trails
- Plan for tiny house area
- Establish aquaponics system greenhouse
- Have lots more fun!
Future Components of Conceptual Plan:
- Additional residential areas
- Small business areas
- Organic farm
- Conference center
“After watching developments all over our beautiful Mother Earth, in 2011, my husband and I made the decision to build an energy-efficient home in a beautiful, virgin place, with natural water close by, copious gardening opportunities, neighbors of similar outlook, and the resources to build and grow what people need to keep themselves alive if more difficult times should become a reality. If difficult times do not challenge our future, I am happy being “stuck” with an energy-efficient home in a beautiful, virgin place, with natural water close by, copious gardening opportunities, neighbors of similar outlook, and a wonderful, peaceful quality of life. I’ll just have to put up with it! As I write this, I am looking out of my great room windows directly into the tree canopy, blowing gently with uncharacteristically cool July breezes; I am listening to dozens of birds enjoying themselves at our feeders. Gratitude is by far my primary emotion.”
Follow Us On Facebook!
Living Well Community is a growing, intentional community located on the beautiful Deep River in the center of North Carolina.
We’re responding to the challenges we see in the world in positive, constructive ways.
Do you want
- to live more simply, grow more of your food, and cultivate more traditional skills?
- to be part of a welcoming, close-knit neighborhood that values different life experiences, insights and traditions?
- to live a life more consistent with your care for the Earth?
- to raise your children in a safe, multicultural community surrounded by natural open spaces?
- to enjoy beauty and peacefulness of living in the country with the convenience of having neighbors, city services and fast internet?
If any of these are true, and you’d like to be able to help shape how the community develops as it grows, then Living Well might just be the place for you!
Join us in a community where we share four core values:
- Health & Wellness
- Honoring the Sacred
- Service to the Greater Good