Follow Us On Facebook!
“Being chemical sensitive, I was happy to find a community where few, if any, toxic chemicals are used for lawns, common areas, and the community garden. My cottage was built using materials with low toxicity and high energy efficiency. The general mindset of members is to choose natural alternatives and focus on living healthy lifestyles, which is a good fit for me.”Barbara
What Sets Us Apart?
- Located in central NC; 26 miles from Greensboro; 2 miles from grocery, drug and other services; 10 miles from hospital
- 126 acres with 53 acres preserved as a conservation easement
- Large community garden and park
- Bordered by the Deep River and Sandy Creek
- Mountain-like topography
- Town-maintained road with city water and sewer; buried utilities; fiber-optic internet available
- Village design with houses clustered; surrounded by woods
- Energy efficiency and green building principles
- Common space and individual homes with private yards
- Future sections include a small business / commercial district, tiny house and cluster housing areas, and a separate 10-acre farm
- We’ve come together from all over the U.S. to build a cooperative community
- We value diversity of age, religion, race, sexual orientation and background
- We are a new kind of neighborhood dedicated to living sustainably, mindful of our earth’s finite natural resources
- We build caring relationships and joyful, creative lifestyles that honor the well-being of all
At Living Well Community we share four core values:
We are committed to building with awareness of our impact on the planet.
Health and Wellness
Recognizing that health is our natural state, we encourage practices that create and support physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Honoring The Sacred
We honor the sacred within and around us, and support all people in their individual spiritual growth and development.
Service To The Greater Good
Our main purpose is to be of service to ourselves and others. We live to bring joy, peace, love and justice to the world. Being aware of how our actions affect others, we participate in local outreach projects. Our community hopes to share what we’re learning in ways that inspire others to create lifestyles that have reverence for the earth and compassion for all.